Six million Americans currently have Alzheimer’s disease and “…one in three seniors dies from some form of dementia…” Both my parents have suffered from dementia.My father very recently passed away with Alzheimer’s disease and my mother suffers from vascular dementia that has left her confused about what happened five minutes ago or yesterday. Granted, they were in their eighties when dementia developed, and at that point their odds were 50-50.
I’ve invited myself, and I invite you to embark on a DIY dementia-prevention journey based on thirty years of research by neuroscientist Dr. Dale Bredesen, the author of The End of Alzheimer’s. My goal is to be one of the 38 million baby boomers who retain a bright mind for life and not one of the 28 million who are projected to get Alzheimer’s by 2050.
Below, you’ll find each step of my journey – just click to read more. Thanks for joining me.
- The Decision to Embark - Nov 12, 2018
- Dementia Prevention Protocol Simplified - Nov 15, 2018
- Bright Mind for Life – Destination One – The Lab - Nov 18, 2018
- Dementia Prevention Starts with Blood Testing - Nov 30, 2018
- Testing Matters for Dementia Prevention: Part One - Jan 31, 2019
- Dementia Prevention Testing Notes for DIYers - Mar 29, 2019
- Blood Testing for Dementia Prevention: Part Two - Apr 5, 2019
- Blood Testing Matters: Part Three - Apr 12, 2019
- Dementia Prevention Testing Matters: Part Four - Apr 19, 2019
- The Bredesen protocol: Destination Two - Apr 26, 2019
- Dementia Prevention Eating - May 17, 2019